Follow MedicalCodingIT on Twitter
What is MedicalCodingIT?
- MedicalCodingIT primarily gathers resources related to the International Classification of Diseases or ICD-10CM codes (PCS codes are coming soon!).
- More than ICD-10: Are you a healthcare professional? Get ready as we create more tools specific to your needs.
- What else would you like to see MedicalCodingIT accomplish? Please Take our Brief Survey or Contact us Directly.
How to use MedicalCodingIT?
There are four ways to obtain various results. Check out this video to see what we mean:
- Type a known ICD-10CM code, or related word, into the Search Bar and select from the choices that automatically appear below it.
- Select some text on the screen and then click “Search Selected”.
- Type some text directly into the Text Area and then click “Search Text Area”.
- Copy some text from anywhere, paste it into the Text Area and then click the paste icon:
Additionally, you may view an interactive 3D representation of the human body, powered by BioDigital, Inc.
Suggestion: Before or after the resulting text is displayed, select the “Gender” and “System” and watch key words in the text transform into clickable buttons that manipulate the 3D image.
What makes MedicalCodingIT work?
We appreciate the hard work and ingenuity of the individuals and organizations that have made this website possible. Here are just a few:
- BioDigital, Inc. – API access to the Interactive 3D Body
- ICD-10 Training Tool resources from the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Unified Medical Language System® (UMLS®) from the National Library of Medicine – Provides all search results
- jQuery Tokeninput by James Smith – A jQuery Tokenizing Autocomplete Text Entry
- A small jQuery Resizable Plug-in by Rick Strahl – resizes the DOM element (split screen)
Any other questions? Feel free to contact us directly.